Rules & Regulations
Conditions Of The Race
All rules set forth for the New Berlin Marathon have been established in order to protect the safety of our participants. Your cooperation will help everyone enjoy race day.
- NO wheeled vehicles are allowed on the course at any time during the races. All strollers (including running strollers), bikes, cars, motorcycles, skateboards, wagons, etc. will be removed by race personnel. No animals, with the exception of registered service animals, will be allowed on the course.
- Only registered participants may be on the course during the event. Spectators must remain in designated watch areas.
- Headphones ARE permitted on the course, due to the revised legislation passed by the USATF.
- Participants must stay on the official courses at all times. Each participant must know the course and follow the appropriate color-coded signage. Runners who leave the course will be disqualified. No refunds will be given to disqualified participants.
- Only participants wearing the provided Timing Tag will be timed and included in the final race results. No exceptions.
- New Berlin Marathon reserves the right to change any details of the events, including canceling, delaying, or suspending the race due to inclement weather or other safety risks. Participants must exit the course at once if ordered to do so by event officials, medical staff, or any governmental authority, including firefighters and police officers.
- Any participant who conducts themselves in an unsportsmanlike manner, or who is offensive in action or language to event officials, other participants, volunteers, or spectators may be disqualified. No refunds will be given to disqualified participants. Protests concerning the conduct of participants will be received for up to 24 hours after posting of results by contacting an Event Official or sending an email to email@example.com
The following items are prohibited from all New Berlin Marathon events and race courses:
- Weapons of any kind, including firearms, knives, etc.
- Any dangerous item or “dual-use” item that could be considered dangerous, including hammers, sharp objects, etc.
- Flammable liquids, explosives, fuels, fireworks, and/or toxic chemicals
- No carry-in alcoholic beverages and/or illegal substances of any kind
- Unmanned aerial devices, such as drones and/or any flying device with an on/off switch
- Glass containers
- Advertising, promotional items, or signage promoting unofficial products/services from non-sponsors of the New Berlin Marathon.